Scrapbooking with Studio Calico - Pink & Glitter for Boys





Today I'm sharing a layout I made a couple of weeks back - I finally got to dig into a couple of my recent Studio Calico Kits (yay!) and scrapbook this sweet picture of my nephew. I must admit, until my nephew came along all of my scrapbooking was pretty girly, I've since bought a few 'boy' collections to try and better scrap his pictures but I find it harder to make it flow somehow and have to work a little harder at pulling the pages together. Anyhow, this time I had the papers in mind I wanted to use which were pink and glittery, even though the picture is not girly at all I think I pulled it off OK!
I used a strip of this triangle paper from Crate Paper's 'Notes and Things' collection down the centre, there is another strip of a text paper underneath, this was from a Studio Calico kit and is actually place names which make no sense to the story of the picture, however, I thought it would toughen up the pink a little so I put just a hint peeking out so you can't see the text - it gives a graffiti kind of look!
The other side is a strip of gold dots paper from MME for a hint of metallic and I've used these grey rubber Thickers also from a Studio Calico kit - I had to adjust the 'K' slightly to allow for the tail of the 'Y' but being so flexible it was super simple to do - you couldn't do that with cardboard letter stickers!

The embellishments used are from Studio Calico Kits and a recent Simple Stories collection - the bright colours really pulled everything together - and I used some gold glitter and black and white chevron washi tape to accent the paper layers.
I finished it with these vellum leaves tucked under the picture and just a couple of gold sequins...
So there you have, my take on a boy layout with Pink, Sequins, Glitter and Hearts but without being too girly! I think the geometric shapes and painter / graffiti style text of the papers really helped and I'm super in love with those Thickers (I'm always chopping mine up to make them do what I want!) so I'll definitely be needing more - I'm off to CHA tomorrow so I hope to spot some of those in lots of other colours, will keep you posted!!

Thank you for dropping by today - I'm off to pack now, eeeeek!
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment