Watercolour Scrapbooking with Inktense

Today I wanted to share with you my Derwent blog project from last month, I used the fabulous Inktense blocks and an Instagram picture to create a scrapbook page about my Momiji Doll collection...
I used the blocks to add a strip of colour across the top, going from purple through to blue, I then sprayed along the top with water and held the paper at an angle so the colour dripped down.
I did actually get my first attempt wrong trying to be impatient and drying with my heat gun, but it just blew the colour all over the page *sigh* so my top tip, is to leave it to dry overnight! It didn't go to waste though, I cut that piece down and used it as the mat pieces behind my picture!
 
I also used the blocks to colour in the wooden embellishments and alphabet - the colours are so bright and they are permanent when dry.

I think my Inktense obsession is starting to show, not bad for someone who was scared of watercolouring just a year ago!

Thank you for dropping by today!
Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment