Colouring Die Cuts

Firstly, my apologies, this post should have happened yesterday, but unfortunately all my plans of catching up and maybe even getting ahead this weekend were completely shot to pieces and I fell ill *sigh* luckily I am fighting fit and back to work today (yay!)

So, today, I want to go over one of the things I spoke about on one of my recent Create & Craft shows - colouring die cuts with your Promarkers. Usually we would die cut out pieces from multiple colours of card and build them up etc... however, it can be difficult to plan ahead and it leaves you with lots of scraps of card - which, if you're anything like me, you have great intentions of using up on another project and then promptly stuff in a drawer and forget about (sound familiar? lol) so what I started doing was cutting all of my die cuts from white bleedproof card and colouring with my Promarkers, here is an example...
The castle, dragon and clouds are all cut from the same white bleedproof card using my Cricut Mini, the Cricut cartridge for the castle and dragon is called Fantasy - I can't remember which one the cloud was from but you can search within the software to find it and download it - easy peasy! Each die cut piece was coloured with Promarkers before being layered together with Pinflair (I blame Phill for my addiction to Pinflair now! lol) Here are a couple of close ups, you can see just how 3D those die cuts are! (you can click to make them bigger)
 
I glittered the clouds with Stickles and then pieced together my card - the papers are from two DCWV stacks - the blue is from everyday essentials, my new fave! before stamping the coach and horses at the bottom.

I hope my little tip saves you some time and precious pieces of card and paper!

Thank you for popping by today
Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous idea, I've been doing it for a while now. I also use Promarkers to colour my mats as only the edges show. It saves on having to buy lots of coloured card. And don't forget the ribbon and flowers too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea Sarah, glad you're feeling better.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete