Detailed Die Cuts

Today I'm going to be talking about my Cricut Expression, I have always loved die cut shapes, since I first started crafting, in fact since I can first remember! One of the first toys I remember playing with was Fuzzy Felts, little die cut pieces of felt that you used to make scenes with, I remember making people, animals, farms, loads of stuff, they were my favourite thing EVER! and when I first started crafting and discovered paper piecing it brought it all back, I just love it.

I know loads of us feel the same way, we'd be lost without our die cutting machines! but I know some people feel that paper piecing die cuts can look a bit basic, so I wanted to share something that may make you look at your die cuts in a whole new way!

Die cutting is great for using up all your scraps and odds and ends of paper, but I cut around half of my die cuts out onto white bleedproof paper, this way I can colour them with my Promarkers and add as much detail as I like, it becomes as detailed as your stamped images...

So here is todays card, using the 'Winter Woodland' cartridge, the ice skates and the ice skater are cut out of bleedproof paper and coloured with Promarkers.
I hope my little card has inspired you to dig out your die cuts and try some new things with them! I'll have another die cut project for you later this week :o)

This week I am crazily working on my new ranges which you will start seeing in the next few weeks, I can't wait to share!

Sarah x

p.s. if you are looking for the Design Team call, it's two posts below...

No comments:

Post a Comment