Mothers Day Cards

Making a Mothers Day card for my mum is always pretty difficult, she doesn't like flowers or cutesy things like that so trying to find something a bit different but also 'Mum-ish' is quite the challenge.

Firstly I made this card using my ink pads in the rainbow colours and masking the centre panel (ribbon is from Kuretake, 'Mum' is Jenni Bowlin rub-ons)



But I wasn't pleased with it, I love the colours and the masking worked well but I hadn't prepped the 'lady' stamp properly and it make the ink bleed out a bit - yuk! Note to self, always use stickytape and fine sandpaper to prep first! The smaller the stamp the more important that process is!

Soooo.... after getting all annoyed with it I decided to do something completely different - back to the trusty Easel Card, I used one of the October Afternoon Wild Cards and used pleated Seam Binding from Crafty Ribbons to make this one, which is what she ended up with! I can show now because she will already have it :o)



I much prefer this one, I like the colours and the ribbon detail and I finally used a stick pin on something - yay!!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment