Crazy Days....

Today was totally manic, up early to run some errands (which I only just got done in the nick of time) before meeting up with my lovely friend Karen from ScrapShed who I haven't seen in FAR too long!! With one thing and another a few months (months!!!) had passed - crazy, we live 20 mins apart! Anywhooo, we met up for a spot of shopping, some junk shop rifling, love these 2 vintage books I found, one dictionary and one hymn / music book - they won't be staying whole for long!!



I can't wait to chop them up and get them all inky and painty..... The dictionary had the cutest sentiment in it...



'Make Friends with Words' how lovely... Both books have fab pages, here's a little glimpse before they ripped up and inked to make them even more vintagey looking, I feel a collage coming on....



The a quick half hour for posh coffee in a little place obssessed with grilling EVERYTHING! It seems we always find these places who insist on serving everything warm and toasted - bagels are supposed to be cold and anything with salad in it grilled is just plain WRONG! I also picked up the newest issue of Popular Crafts as they featured my blog this month (woo!)so I wanted to have a look. Then home for not so posh coffee and some catching up on emails - amazing what builds up when you go out for one morning, I'll still be catching up tomorrow *sigh* All done while dealing with excruciating joint pain - ouchie!

Now I'm off to swoon at the Crate blog for a bit, they just posted their CHA sneaks and I'm in love already - MUST have!

Sarah x

6 comments:

  1. Oh i love old books! Cant wait to see what u do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab idea hun but what you going to do with the handwritten page? hope your joint pain eases soon.

    clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! i love books and would really have a hard time rippin them up. however, i can't see what you create. i may have to change my mind. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable~don't think I could cut them up though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Just linked up to your blog from Two peas! Those books are some great junk finds!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love old books. they just have such history and weight to them. Can't wait to see what you create with them. :)

    ReplyDelete